Livin Our Dream

Marti and Wayne's New Home on Wheels
2014.5 Elite Suites 38 RSSA with Vanity slide Custom built for them by the fine Amish Craftmen at DRV.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

TWO SUMMER RALLYS

We off again to a couple rallies. We are members in two clubs, they both had rallies with in days of each other. The first was a Mobile Suite rally at the Goshen Fairgrounds'. They had over 150 units plus the factory brought out some new units. The Factory really stepped up too with two dinners a pile of door prizes too. Heck the club had a 50/50 raffle and the factory matched the funds raised. Three lucky people won $ 660 each that was sure a nice ride home with some Cash too. Wait I didn’t win !! The local Mobile Suite dealer had an Open House with Raffle Prizes and another meal. They also had four units for open house too.

DSCN4047

I did have a problem as MartiJeen would not let me Trade Up Yet, maybe soon !! on Friday we had a Factory tour. We got an old tour guide that said he hadn’t do this in a while. I was surprised to see him doing a tour of HIS Factory. Our guide was the Owner of DRV himself. David said he was a little rusty at giving tours. Well I was really impressed to get a tour by an owner. Thanks David for taking the time with us, the poor guy did have to hear from a few Dumb people too. I kept my questions short.

DSCN4048

DSCN4052

DSCN4055

DSCN4061

DSCN4060

DSCN4058

This was the Best Owners Rally we have ever attended, People were very nice and we had a Great time too.

We rolled on to our chapter rally for our Escapee club at Starved Rock State Park.

IMG_0638

We cooked on the Open Fire too. The American Favorite Hot Dogs, Hamburgers & Beans Love it !!!!!

We had a great time there as we saw some old friends too. I met a new RVer to the club. We helped him get backed in and hooked. Leo is an avid RVer with an older Motor home. I asked him what was the mileage on his rig ?? he told me it has 186,000 miles WOW that’s a lot of traveling too. Wait I should say Leo is 95 yrs. old and looked a lot younger. Heck I was looking while talking to some others and Leo was up on a ladder setting up his Ham Radio antenna. Leo was going to California for the winter. Way to Go Leo !!!  Sorry to say but the Camera went Dead so No Picks.

Our friends Jim & Phyllis (Mom) asked me to take over Membership for the club. Well I accepted the job. I have sent out a pile of e-mails to old members and to others trying to bring in some new RVers. Kind off like the old day’z of the VVA Vietnam Veterans of America 

No comments:

Post a Comment