Livin Our Dream

Marti and Wayne's New Home on Wheels
2014.5 Elite Suites 38 RSSA with Vanity slide Custom built for them by the fine Amish Craftmen at DRV.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

HINES VA HOSPITAL

   Thru these Doors the PRICE OF FREEDOM IS VISIBLE HERE

IMG_0599

Well here I go again. I’m sitting here thinkin what we Pay for Freedom. Well it’s getting close to Memorial  Day. I know in our proud country that means Sales at the Stores and hopefully a Family Picnic. Maybe as your walking around on the weekend and see an old Veteran or Young. Shake his or her hand and thank them for there service. You will feel better as you walk away and the Veteran will feel Great too.

This last month I have had 8 appointments at Hines Hospital or Kankakee Out Patient Clinic. I thank all the Drs. there for their fine care. Heck I get better care at the VA than private care expect my Heart Dr. Walking around Hines is different as years ago I was there with my Dad. I was fresh out of the service. Funny thing back in the seventy's if You were a Viet Nam Veteran you kept that to yourself. I was asked if I was a Baby Killer or Why didn’t I go to Canada ??? Well today every body likes the veteran, me too.   

522858_3577353791547_1204192225_4278987_1772523889_n[1]   

I was doing some looking on the net for KIAs & wounded in wars.The price for Freedom ain’t Cheap. The cost was for WWII , Korea  and Viet Nam were over a Million and a half lives. Freedom ain’t Cheap !!

DSCN2225 We have visited four National Cemetery's. The feels of walking up and down the lanes of head stones is an ire feeling. I was asked Why do you go ?? I answered a Show of Respect !!! a way to say Thank You !  

No comments:

Post a Comment