Livin Our Dream

Marti and Wayne's New Home on Wheels
2014.5 Elite Suites 38 RSSA with Vanity slide Custom built for them by the fine Amish Craftmen at DRV.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Remembering our Veterans

Today I was lucky to go help at our local Veterans Home in Mateno Illinois.
Our church All Saints Lutheran put on a Bingo for the Vets. I have done this before but this time it was hard at first. The Troops come in the play Bingo. Some smiles, a couple grumpy guys but that's OK too, as not every body has all good days ( I know that first hand ).
I wondered how life has treated these Warriors?? Well I figured we better have some fun. Well being the Class Clown I figured lets hackle the Rev and the Bingo Callers. You see my Troop's weren't winning. Well my people started winning the more I hackled and all was well. A couple of the gents told me they had a good time and I said I did too. We served the group some Home Made treats. The troops were Thank full, I pushed a couple men back to their rooms. I thanked them for their service to our country.
Veteran Homes throughout the country can always use some home made treats for the warriors. At the Holidays the homes get a lot of stuff but, you can always drop off some goodies any time. Our family tries to drop off in January or February, Maybe you can pick a month any time to have a family bake-off. Then off to your veterans home to remember some veterans you will get that Warm Fussy Feeling .
Thanks for Your Time Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment