Livin Our Dream

Marti and Wayne's New Home on Wheels
2014.5 Elite Suites 38 RSSA with Vanity slide Custom built for them by the fine Amish Craftmen at DRV.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

True Meaning of Memorial Day !!!

 

 

DSCN0510

I was thinking a lot about Memorial Day. I think the true meaning of the Day was Lost. Lost to the Commercialized Memorial Day !!! Store Sales

Well here’s my version of Memorial  Day as I see it.With a Little Help from Don !!

Here’s our Family World War 1 Veterans

DSCN1095

Uncle Ernie Dalhman

DSCN1112 

Marti's Uncle Phil Bonarigo

 

 

Here’s our Family World War II Veterans

DSCN1110

My Father Gordon Aanerud …….. Served in the Navy

DSCN1105

My Buddy Uncle Bert Dahlman Uncle Bert was an Electrician & helped get me into the Union. Thanks Unk!! Uncle Bert was in the First Calvary and served under General George Patten.  I also served in the First Calvary in Viet Nam

DSCN1098

My Mom  MaryJane Aanerud , mom was a Nurse during World War II

 

DSCN1096

GrandMa & GrandPa  Berthel & Mary Dahlman …. Grandpa taught you to Love the Flag & the Country !!! Gram kept us in Line

DSCN1111

Marti’s Dad ….Joe Bonarigo  Poppa Joe was a Welder at Ford Aircraft during World War II. Poppa was our Camping Buddy.

 

OK I know your all wondering if Wayne is getting? Goofy? Well ok this wasn’t all my Idea. I was in Church listening to another one of Pastors Don  Sermons. I thought let’s remember the Veterans this Memorial Day so off to the Store for the Flags. Loaded up the Truck with the Flags,  Weed Whippier and the Camera & off to the Grave sites. I cleaned the sites up and Placed a Flag or Two. 

 

I did not post one Picture of another Veteran My Best Ronald Cernasuskas Ron’s head stone was not placed at this time. I did place the Flags on his Grave along with some White Castles boxes. Empty sorry Ron E Boy

 

WOW this was a rough one to write as we remember of lost Loved ones.

I salute you all ………….. May You All Rest in Peace !!!!

We did do what All Americans do on Memorial Day too

 

 DSCN1120

O’Yah those are Steaks too and they were Good !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment